powerd (cpufreq) problems

Emanuel Strobl Emanuel.strobl at gmx.net
Fri Sep 16 12:17:27 PDT 2005

Hello,

I noticed that whenever my notebook (VAIO SRX41p, BETA4) crashed, powerd
prints the following error after reboot:
acpi_perf0: Px transition to 500 failed
acpi_perf0: set freq failed, err 6

I can't solve that state, no shutdown/reboot will fix it. _But_, if I boot
XP and reboot everything is fine again.

I don't have problems if I do a clean shutdown and reboot FreeBSD.
There seems to be something in an invalid state while powerd is running
which powerd corrects at exit.

Can I provide any useful info to get this fixed? I'm not planning to leave
XP on that machine just because I need it to "reset" cpufreq related
stuff ;)

Thanks,

-Harry