Using devd to automate wireless | wired network connections

Kirk Davis Kirk.Davis at epsb.ca
Wed Sep 14 12:38:50 PDT 2005

    Is there any diagnostic tools that can show the messages that get passed
from the kernel to devd? I have though of some other uses for devd where I
would like to run a script on a device up/down or new device insert but I'm
not sure if there is an event sent to devd for that.  It would be nice to
have a tool that would show if devd was getting an even for that device.
This might also help show the devices that do not yet generate media events.

---- Kirk