PPPoE issue with CURRENT and 3com ADSL Modem

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Mon Sep 12 04:47:36 PDT 2005

On Monday 12 September 2005 04:00, ComteZero _ wrote:
> my ADSL account works fine with REL. 4.4 but not with my new CURRENT (5)
> could someone help me on this issue (logs provided here) ?
> (i saw that someone had a similar problem, but with previous netgraph
> revisions).
>
> thank you.
>
> Since my ADSL modem is 3Com HomeConnect, I've set the
> net.graph.nonstandard_pppoe=1
>
> ng_pppoe.c rev. is 1.67.2.1 <http://1.67.2.1>
> ng_socket.c rev. is 1.53.2.3 <http://1.53.2.3>

I would suspect this is not correct.. I believe you're supposed to use the
net.graph.nonstandard_pppoe sysctl (man ng_pppoe), or to fix your client to
use the correct mode.. See man ppp and look for 'set pppoe'.

I suggest you revert the 2 files back to their pristine state, rebuild your
kernel & modules and try again.

> here is my ppp.log:
>
> Sep 11 19:42:17 fidelio ppp[24723]: Phase: Using interface: tun0
>
> Sep 11 19:42:17 fidelio ppp[24723]: Phase: deflink: Created in closed state

This log file is basically unreadable..
Please attach it as a file or supply a URL to where it can be downloaded
without having been chewed on by your mail client.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum