panic upon kldunload snd_ich (lor # 159)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 21:42:16 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 04:04:48AM +0000, Ben Kaduk wrote:
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I see that this panic is caused by lor #159
 > http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/lor.html#159
 > but I figured I'd report it to see if it will help anyone
 >
 > Booting to single user and issuing:
 > # kldload snd_ich
 > # kldunload snd_ich
 >
 > are sufficient to trigger the panic on my system. I know that Alexander
 > Leidinger has recently committed some bits to current in the sound code, but
 > it is unclear if it will fix my panic; I'm currently cvsup-ing and building
 > world to find out.
 >
 > The machine in question is:
 >
 > bash-2.05b$ uname -a
 > FreeBSD prolepsis.math.uiuc.edu <http://prolepsis.math.uiuc.edu>
 > 7.0-CURRENTFreeBSD
 > 7.0-CURRENT #9: Thu Aug 25 06:22:00 UTC 2005
 > kaduk at prolepsis.math.uiuc.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PROLEPSIS
 > i386
 >
 > As shown below, I have a core to play with, so if this needs fixing, tell me
 > what I can do to help.

I think the LOR you seen is not cause of panic. As you've got core, would
you please give us full back-trace with symbol information?
See http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-kld.html for more datils.
And make sure to rebuild sound driver module with debugging information too.
--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon