6.0-CURRENT SNAP004 hangs on amr (patch)

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Sep 10 20:10:54 PDT 2005

In message: <70e8236f05091016251510408c at mail.gmail.com>
            Joao Barros <joao.barros at gmail.com> writes:
: I believe a workaround for this issue would be verifying before
: disabling the device, that no more that one device shares that
: particular pci slot.
:
: Comments?

No.  That's not a fair workaround.  There's too many other cases that
this would break.  Amrs are farily rare, and having a workaround that
negatively affects other hardware is undesirable.

The problem is that the AMR device attaches to only one of the PCI
devices, when it should attach a dummy driver to the second one.  This
is due to flaws in the amr hardware design, which we've also seen in
the aac cards.

Warner