Default route doesn't change to wireless device (ath0)

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Thu Sep 8 08:04:17 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:11:38AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20050907211811.GA19570 at odin.ac.hmc.edu>
>             Brooks Davis <brooks at one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
> : Hmm, upon further testing, I think there may be a problem with the
> : fxp(4) driver.
>
> You mean like the driver never asynchronously querries the miibus to
> find out what the state of the link is when it isn't in the UP state?

I certainly see that on the em nics on my laptop and I've heard claims
of a similar problems with fxp nics.  I don't see it with other em
nics.  Sam reports that it seems to be a bug specific to the em hardware
in thinkpads.  That's not the only issue in this case, but it's one of
them.

I suspect think we may need to poll the media state periodicly on
some devices and fake up link state notifications as a workaround for
incorrect drivers.

-- Brooks