Installation error Intel mobile ICH6M SATA controller.

Dean Patterson psamuel01 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 4 13:57:25 PDT 2005

Well not all D610's are created equally.  I work in
the Caterpillar IT dept. and even our orders from one
week to another differ.  The one I am using has a SATA
controller (ICH6M) with ATI pci-x video.  Is this what
you are using?  As far as the setup I am doing a
simple one slice system and setting is active.  And I
check it on vc4 and it shows active.  I am also just
doing a minimal install so I dont understand what
could be different than the many other installs.  I
had it on a Dell D600 with no problems, but it was
PATA.  Although I dont know why SATA would cause an
issue as I know FBSD to have great SATA support.  How
can I get the dmesg info for you from sysinstall/vc4?
I really appreciate your assistance.

Thank you,
Dean.