ath bridge panic

Sam Leffler sam at errno.com
Fri Sep 2 21:01:22 PDT 2005

Vitaly wrote:

>> Still exists with what version of the system?  If you haven't tried
>> BETA3 then do that first.
>>
>> To get something like this fixed you need to provide the steps needed
>> to reproduce the problem.
>>
> I tried BETA3, while client authentification in progress i get error
> messages but after all ok without panic

Sorry but I do not understand "while cleint authentication in progress".
  Is this an ap?  Where is the configuration?  What client is this?

> ath0: device timeout
> ath0: device timeout
> ath0: device timeout
> ath0: device timeout

These should not happen.

> couldn't m_pullup
> couldn't m_pullup
> couldn't m_pullup
> couldn't m_pullup
> couldn't m_pullup

Haven't a clue where these msgs come from.

> but i have another problem here - 80211b PDA client success communicates
> with another 80211g client, but not with 80211b client
> what debug modes i must set to athdebug to view activity with this problem

ath is the wrong level to look for problems; look at the net80211 level.
  I have a number of changes in current that have yet to be MFC'd to
RELENG_6 for ap operation so they may help you.  Also I'm aware that 11g
ap operation is not right for a mixed-bss.  The ap does not announce a
revised ERP information element in the beacons when non-ERP stations
join/leave the bss so a mixed station bss may not function correctly due
to inconsistent setup of preamble and/or protection.  No eta on when
that'll be fixed; it's easy but my time is limited right now.

	Sam