kgdb core dumps

Omer Faruk Sen ofsen at enderunix.org
Fri Sep 2 05:00:41 PDT 2005

Hi, I am trying to remote dump but I get the following erros. The
kernel.debug is the file that I copied to my host system from target
(remote). Why I am getting that error? Is there anything that I can do. What
I have done is:

1) boot system with a kernel (target)
2) set 0x80 in device.hints on target
3) Copy kernel.debug from target to host
4) CTRL-ALT-ESC on target
5) kgdb -r /dev/cuad0 /boot/kernel/kernel.debug on host and I get the
following error. By the way with the src/ that comes with 6.0BETA-3 I can't
get any output using kgdb -r /dev/cuad0 /boot/kernel/kernel.debug. I have
cvsup'ed my source files yesterday but now I get these errors:

root at balli# kgdb  -r /dev/cuad0 /boot/kernel/kernel.debug
[GDB will not be able to debug user-mode threads: /usr/lib/libthread_db.so:
Undefined symbol "ps_pglobal_lookup"]
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-marcel-freebsd".
Switching to remote protocol
0xc064ad9b in kdb_enter (msg=0x26 <Address 0x26 out of bounds>) at
cpufunc.h:60
60      cpufunc.h: No such file or directory.
       in cpufunc.h
Segmentation fault: 11 (core dumped)

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG