6.0-BETA3: ext2fs: if mounted at shutdown, fsck at next boot

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 1 13:25:28 PDT 2005

Rainer Alves <freebsd at powered.net> writes:

> Actually there's a workaround for this... add the following near the end
> of /etc/rc.shutdown:
> Sure, it isn't the perfect solution, but it works.

I know this workaround, but that such a severe availability bug has not
been fixed since it was introduced early in the 5.X times is more than
just an annoyance, and apparently nobody cares. (Besides, the workaround
doesn't work when the system goes down hard, through a panic or such.)

--
Matthias Andree