TSC instead of ACPI: powerd doesn't work anymore (to be expected?)

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Oct 31 15:27:14 PST 2005

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 12:03:48PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Poul-Henning Kamp, and lo! it spake thus:

> Another thing to remember is that the TSC and ACPI hardware is not
> the only thing we have to deal with:  Any solution we implement
> needs to also work on other architectures, including i486 with only
> i8254 timecounters etc.

Boy, I'm just becoming the voice of not-so-new hardware, aren't I?  ;)

My PPro uses the i8254.  So does my P133 laptop.  I presume most other
Pentium-era machines, and probably PII's, do as well.  When DID ACPI
become the common case?

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net