MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

Eric Hodel drbrain at segment7.net
Mon Oct 31 10:35:02 PST 2005

On Oct 31, 2005, at 9:21 AM, Robert Watson wrote:

> Well, I'm happy to do a bit of gathering of information.  So far
> the main two recommendations have been:
>
> - Look at time counting -- if TSC is safe for your host, it can
>   significantly improve performance.

It seems that, from this thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/
034073.html

The question "is my TSC safe?" has the same answer as "am I using SMP?"

Is this correct?

> - Use libthr in FreEBSD 6.x, or linuxthreads in earlier versions.
>
> - Make sure you're using UNIX domain sockets for local traffic.
>
> Any other things to add to the list?  I've created a page here:
>
>     http://wikitest.freebsd.org/moin.cgi/MySQL
>
> Eventually we might want to turn this into a more formal document.

I can't seem to edit this page, even after logging in..

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain at segment7.net - http://segment7.net
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E  7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04