MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

Marian Hettwer MH at kernel32.de
Thu Oct 27 14:44:47 PDT 2005

Hi there,

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Marian Hettwer <MH at kernel32.de> writes:
>
>>To get this straight: It doesn't matter wether I use the "long" way,
>>or the way you mentioned (which I only used when doing a make
>>world...)?
>

> You should use the *documented* and *supported* way ('make
> buildkernel') unless you really know what you're doing.

Well, now you shocked me a wee bit, 'cause I thought the "make depend"
way would be the documented and supported way.
Granted, I didn't took a look into the FreeBSD Handbook for building my
Kernel since 4.0, but now I did.
And I am glad, that the way I mentioned in my last way is documented
(and probably supported) und the chapter "Procedure 1. Building a Kernel
the “Traditional” Way" which is at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html

The way you described is mentioned as "Procedure 2. Building a Kernel
the “New” Way" :-)

Well then, I think we're fine on that topic. I'd probably change to the
"New" Way, since it's fewer commands to type in...

Marian