Suspected problem with /libexec/ld-elf.so.1

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Tue Oct 25 10:23:19 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 09:31:15PM +0200, Gregory Nou wrote:

> >What does file(1) say about those files?
> >
> >Kris
>
> Thanks, you're a genius !
>
> % file /usr/local/lib/libt1.so.5
> /usr/local/lib/libt1.so.5: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64,
> version 1 (FreeBSD), not stripped
> But I only have a poor AMD athlon x86...
> So, now, the question is : how should I correct this ?

The only ways I can think of that this happened are:

* You installed one of the previous beta releases, which initially
contained amd64 packages instead of i386, by mistake.  This was
corrected within a day or two though.

* You installed the packages manually.

Anyway, you just need to delete the affected packages (see
pkg_which(1) if you use portupgrade, which I recommend) and reinstall them.

Kris