Bsdtar and archive torture tests

Ed Maste emaste at phaedrus.sandvine.ca
Wed Oct 19 13:36:27 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 05:38:38PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:

> Ed,
>
> Have you done anything with this?  I'm very interested in
> getting some real regression tests imported and this seems
> like a great place to start.

I sent off an email to the author of the existing tests, but
haven't heard anything back yet.  I'll try again.

> I suspect the ideal test arrangement would provide switches
> to the comparison routine to omit/ignore certain files.
> Then you could build a single "original", make several copies
> using the above combinations, then compare while overlooking
> any unsupported attributes.

Sounds reasonable.  In some cases we'd want to avoid archiving
certain test files too; I quickly filled a disk when bsdtar
tried to archive a 0.5TB sparse file.

--
Ed Maste, Sandvine Incorporated