Thoshiba Tecra 8000 with 3com 3CXFE575CT

Psadi freebsd at psam.se
Mon Oct 17 14:40:46 PDT 2005

M. Warner Losh skrev:

>: When I start it outside and then connect the card it will detect and
>: configure it correctly.
>
>OK.  This is a HUGE clue.  One that shouldn't be overlooked :-).  What
>it is telling me is that FUNCTION interrupts aren't getting through,
>but STATUS interrupts ARE getting through.  I'll have to go re-read my
>two TOPIC data sheets to make sure, but I think that the TOPIC chips,
>especially the older ones, have a number of knobs for function
>interrupts that are not in the standard bridge chipset.
>
>Please refresh my recollection: Did this used to work with 5.4?  IIRC,
>I did some work to fix o2 micro hangs that disabled the function
>interrupts during card insertion by routing them via IRQ 1 (which the
>o2micro actually doesn't route, so they just disappear).  Maybe that
>work around had bad effects for the TOPIC95B that you have?
>
>Warner

I have no problem with the network when I run FreeBSD 5.4. I have no
watchdog timeouts. And I can cvsup the source and ports without any problem.

As a side not ACPI was disable when I tested if it detected the network
card or not when I inserted it. Though since I didnt notice any diffrent
when it was on or off I dont think it has any impact. I did do this test
earlier before you asked but then I just didnt think it was relevant. Of
this I know it works with ACPI on also since I was running with ACPI
when I tried it.

Peter