FreeBSD 6.0-RC1 available

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:30:15 PDT 2005

On 10/12/05, stanley jobson <stanley.jobson at gmx.ch> wrote:
> hi,
>
> > - The QEMU and VMWare packages are known to expose problems in the
> >    IDE CDROM driver during OS install.
>
> will this be corrected for 6-stable?
>
> what about vmware 4 and vmware 5 having in the ports? anybody working on
> that? what are the probs?

I'm currently using vmware 5.5 on WinXP to host a FreeBSD guest.  But
in order to get FreeBSD as the host OS, we'll need to back port some
linux ioctl to RELENG_4, RELENG_5, RELENG_6 from  -CURRENT.  See my
MFC request from May 20th:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2005-May/050421.html

  Also, some one will need to re-write orlando's VMware 4 patch to
vmmon to work with Vmware 5.* and the VMware 3 vmnet patch to work
with VMware 4, and 5.*.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.