problems with -current

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 30 00:02:55 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 06:44 pm, Mark Atkinson wrote:
> John Baldwin wrote:

> >>the box is out and out resetting.  I already have ddb, etc.. (which is
> >>why I noticed the LOR on so_snd earlier with the same kernel.   Will
> >>setting up comconsole on this box really give me a panic and not reset
> >>with X running?
> >
> > Yes.  When X is running, we don't drop into the debugger, it just
> > reboots.
>
> Very good to know!  I'm curious why we don't dump to the dumpdev at this
> point however?

That's a bug.  :)  My guess is it comes from the KDB stuff and kdb_trap() is
probably bailing too early and not doing the dump if it can't get a console.

> I just finished a kernel from Nov 28 0800 UTC and no reset with
> comconsole.  It is possible that my update to 23:00:00 caught part but
> not all of a big commit finished at 23:13 UTC.
>
> Now trying with the old 23:00:00 kernel... [boots.. startx]  Hehe.
> Guess what?
>
> it's the uipc_socket panic.

Hah, yes, X uses sockets, so it should hopefully be fixed now.

--
John Baldwin <jhb at FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org