Linking basesystem with additional libraries.

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Fri Nov 25 23:00:03 GMT 2005

On Nov 25, 2005, at 11:03, Scot Hetzel wrote:
> What do you want to link the base system with?
> Currently, the base sendmail can be linked with the
> security/cyrus-sasl* ports by setting:
> [...elided...]
> in /etc/make.conf.  You could possibly link sendmail with one of the
> openldap ports also.  Haven't tried it myself yet.

Just to confirm, I've been using these options in make.conf for a while:

> SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/sasl -I/usr/local/include -
> DSASL=2 -DLDAPMAP
> SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
> SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2 -lldap -llber -lcom_err

> Note: This may cause a busted sendmail, especially during a major
> version upgrade.  A rebuild of the security/cyrus-sasl* port, and
> sendmail will fix it.

I can confirm it breaks the buildworld across a major update.  I just
did the obvious:
	. comment them out of make.conf
	. finish the make+install+reboot
	. reinstall the problem libraries (sasl2/ldap/etc)
	. uncomment them in make.conf
	. re-do just the sendmail pieces

> cd /usr/src/lib/libsm ; make cleandir && make obj && make && make
> install
> cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail ; make cleandir && make obj && make
> && make install

-philip