A4Tech Wireless mouse wheel not detected

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 25 20:04:04 GMT 2005

On Friday, 25. November 2005 13:02, Justin R. Smith wrote:

> I have an A4 Tech wireless keyboard and mouse. Linux and windows both
> find it to be indistinguishable from a PS/2 and use the mouse wheel. The
> Stable FreeBSD doesn't respond to wheel events.
>
> [...]
>
> Any suggestions?

You need to run moused with the -z4 argument to activate axis mapping (put
moused_flags=-z4 into /etc/rc.conf), but since you already tried in X and
said it didn't work ... might be worth a try though, less opportunities for
typos with moused compared to xorg.conf

I myself use an A4 Tech Office 8K wireless mouse with moused, connected to a
USB port however, and had to change the default usbd.conf line that runs
moused to include the axis mapping switch.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org