Compaq ProLiant 1600 server freezes when detecting keyboard controller

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Nov 20 20:05:31 PST 2005

In message: <20051120042536.E72D816A421 at hub.freebsd.org>
            wpaul at freebsd.org (Bill Paul) writes:
: Our PCI code
: then comes along and enables all of the devices but doesn't necessarily
: update the base address registers on some of them, which has the effect
: of mapping one of the PCI devices at physical address 0.

Actually, that bug has been fixed in recent versions of
FreeBSD-current, and should be fixed in 6.0.  I recall merging changes
to 6.0 just before the release.  The problem was that the host bridge
wasn't properly setting a range.  If that's not the case, then I'd
like to know about it...

Warner