RELENG_6_0: fatal trap 12

Hao Chen hchen at utmem.edu
Sat Nov 19 06:15:34 PST 2005

Hi,

I am upgrading from 5.4 to 6.0 and got the following error message:

cpuid = 1; apic id = 01
fault virtual address   = 0x480008
fault code              = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x20:0xc069c394
stack pointer           = 0x28:0xe10208ac
frame pointer           = 0x28:0xe10208ac
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 0 (swapper)
trap number				= 12

I have tried booting with or without ACPI, in safe mode, or single user
mode and got the same message on booting. Oh, I am using GENERIC kernel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hao
--
: Hao Chen, Ph.D.

: Department of Pharmacology
: University of Tennessee Health Science Center
: Memphis, TN 38163 USA

: Mining PubMed: http://www.chilibot.net
: --