problems with NDIS driver and convertion for a Marvel Yukon Gigabit chip

Bill Paul wpaul at FreeBSD.ORG
Thu Nov 10 21:34:39 PST 2005

> Ran into a few problems with ndisgen today.
>
> I have to edit every instance of the following out to get it to
> convert.
> Magic Packet = "Magic Packet"
> Pattern Match = "Pattern Match"
> Mag Pack Patt Match = "Magic Packet & Pattern Match"
> Link Change = "Link Change"
>

> Upon loading the driver I get...
> no match for ExUnregisterCallback
> no match for ZwPowerInformation
> no match for ExRegisterCallback
> no match for ExCreateCallback
> no match for ZwUnmapViewOfSection
> no match for ZwMapViewOfSection
> no match for ZwOpenSection
> no match for wcslen
>
> Any chance of getting this working or any suggestions?

There's no chance of you getting _anything_ until such time as
you tell us _WHAT_ driver you're trying to convert, and _WHAT_
card it's for.

I want you to explain to me in precise detail why you thought
it was acceptable to post this message without bothering to provide
this information.

Come on people, why are you making this so hard. You don't just jump
in and say "I have a problem." What you're _supposed_ to do is say
"I have <this>, I tried to do <that>, and I observed <the other
out in very clear and complete detail.

You chose to leave out the "I have <this>" part. You chose poorly.

It looks an awful lot like you're trying to convert a driver
that isn't for Windows 2000 or Windows XP. It might be for Win98.
Of course it might also not even be an NDIS driver. There's no
way to know until you provide more information.

-Bill