Problem remains with FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE as seen in RELENG_5

Philip Kizer pckizer at nostrum.com
Thu Nov 10 15:28:06 PST 2005

On Nov 10, 2005, at 09:54, Robert Watson wrote:
> Last night I successfully sent this patch to the wrong person, as
> I'm chasing a number of different bugs currently.  While it won't
> help with his quota-related problems, using a combination of
> patches (attached) I'm now able to run a set of file descriptor
> passing edge case regression tests successfully.  I've committed
> the regression test to src/tools/regression/sockets/unix_passfd.
> This test should only be run once the patches are applied, needless
> to say.

*chuckle*  No worries...

> If you could try out the patches and let me know if things improve,
> that would be great.

Patches applied and running now.  You can be sure I'll let you know
as soon as I have new info (although if your first go is all good,
for my production situation, it's the old "proving a negative"
problem and we'll be good if I hit my personal timeout next week and
mail you back to say I haven't seen a repeat).

Thanks!
Philip