CURRENT + amd64 + user-ppp = panic

Victor Snezhko snezhko at indorsoft.ru
Wed Nov 9 00:58:38 PST 2005

Mark Tinguely <tinguely at casselton.net> writes:

> before too much work is done (below), could you print out the callout
> that is being freed but active and the memory around it (before it
> is overwritten by "deadc0de"). It may tell us which callout that it
> is or was.

I would be happy to do so but as I have just said, I call not the
callout that is freed but the other one already filled with
uma_trash...

If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

> If we cannot glean who the callout is/was, then more tests can be
> added to determine if the UMA is allocating memory chained to the callout
> or if the MBUF chain is corrupted.

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with UMA/mbufs (at the moment) to make
such tests myself. With callouts it was simple - I watched into
kern_timeout.c and read timeout(9) manpage.

Now I'm reading appropriate manpages but it'l take me a while before I
grasp all the dependencies. And reading manpages, I guess, won't be
enough.

--
WBR, Victor V. Snezhko
EMail: snezhko at indorsoft.ru