3ware 9550sx driver for freeBSD 6 amd64 ??

ke.han ke.han at redstarling.com
Tue Nov 8 19:44:58 PST 2005

Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
>>I am aware of all this.  This knowledge base article I reference (here
>>it is again:  http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=14546   has the
>>source and instructions for the new driver.  All that is needed is for
>>someone to compile it!!!  I cannot compile this for 64 bit since I don't
>>have a working machine with EM64T until after I have a compiled driver.
>>
>>Is there anyone out there with an EM64T box that can download the source
>>and instructions and compile the driver??
>>
>>thanks, Jon
>

> You can't use a module since the twa driver is in 6.0-RELEASE and the
> module won't load since it uses the same symbols. However, my
> coworker, Seth Kingsley compiled it today for 6.0-RELEASE and just
> gave me the CD, so if you can wait for a couple minutes, I'll put it
> up on http://www.sitetronics.com/~dodell/kernel-9550sx
>
> --Devon

Thanks for the download...got it.  why is your file 7m when the kernel
module I compiled for i386 is only 57k?

Also, are you saying that I must compile the driver into the kernel?
This means I first have to be able to install to a single drive on the
system first, right??

If this is the case, this gets me back to my other problem which is the
6.0-RELEASE installer won't find my single hard drive (either EIDE or
SATA) which I have directly connected to the tyan i7520 mobo ;-( ...I
have posted this problem as a seperate discussion in paralle with this one.

thanks, ke han