Problems Installing to PowerEdge 850 with SATA Drive

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Mon Nov 7 08:50:54 PST 2005

Peter Losher writes:
| On Thursday 03 November 2005 02:22 pm, Doug Ambrisko wrote:
|
| > I can confirm the problem on the PE850.  I have it working with my
| > latest 4.X SATA patches (which I haven't published yet).  I might
| > be able to look into this.
|
| Curious - does this also happen w/ 5.4?
|
| Best Wishes - Peter
| (who has some PE850's coming his way, so is a interested party)

I think 5.4 is going to have more problems in general since I don't think
it knows anything about AHCI.  I think I might be able to make a
hack to 6/-current to make hybrid work.  However, Soren needs to
figure away to deal with this.  He might already have some ideas.
Also I'm not sure how much awareness 5.4 has of ICH6/7.

Doug A.