recent MFC code to 6-STABLE kills ipv6

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Sat Nov 5 11:59:17 PST 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:36:08 -0800
>>>>> Sean McNeil <sean at mcneil.com> said:

sean> My IMAP server used to work perfectly fine with IPv6 connections from
sean> evolution.  Today, there was some MFCd code that has killed it.  I can
sean> no longer log into my imap server with IPv6.  Investigating, I find that
sean> the interface I have tied to stf0 will not respond.

When was your working kernel built?

sean> ping6 does NOT work for
sean> fe80::203:6dff:fe1a:b19b%dc0
sean> 2002:18c7:2d36:0:203:6dff:fe1a:b19b
sean> 2002:18c7:2d36::

It seems an IPv6 operation for dc0 is disabled entirely.  Don't you
see an error message from your kernel like following?

	dc0: possible hardware address duplication detected, disable IPv6

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/