FreeBSD 6.0 Released: problem with HP Pavillion

Baris Simsek simsek at enderunix.org
Sat Nov 5 10:43:06 PST 2005

hello,

Unfortunately i couldn't booted with any version of FreeBSD on HP
pavillion zv5000 notebook. same result with FreeBSD 6.0

It always reboots while loading kernel.

I tried latest NetBSD and it also have same problem. I'll try also
OpenBSD to make sure about if it is connected to *BSD.

1 hour ago i installed OpenSolaris, and there is no problem. I installed
linux before on it without any problem.

I tried some boot options such as disabling ACPI. but it didn't effect.
Sorry i don't have more details because it goes reboot when start to
load kernel. May be, i should make kernel hacking, if i can do.

I just want to know that, is there anybody has same problem, or is there
anybody using FreeBSD on HP Pavilion?

Although, thanks for your efforts to release FreeBSD 6. I hope i'll
solve some performance problems (for example MySQL performance problem
in 4.X discussed here before)

regards,

--
Baris Simsek