Cannot boot pccard with ACPI enabled on amd64 laptop

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Fri Nov 4 05:49:08 PST 2005

On 2005-11-04 12:16, mauritz.sundell at freebsd.viem.se wrote:
> I have a wlan-pccard (device pccard0+wi0) that works good in
> current without acpi, but with acpi enabled the machine freeze
> with the card inserted.
>
> I have an HP Pavilion zv5000 (laptop) with amd64.
>
> If I enable acpi and use the builtin wired lan-adapter (device
> rl0) everything works good.
>
> I really want ACPI to work, do anyone have any ideas?

Roll back to the sources before the latest ACPI import, as there
have been problems with the latest CURRENT and ACPI.  A known
good timestamp to use for updating is:

        cvs -qR up -APd -D '2005/11/01 22:00:00 UTC'

See if the kernel from that date works fine for you.  If it does,
watch this list carefully as the ACPI issues are tracked down and
solved.

- Giorgos