make kernel "kldxref: file isn't dynamically-linked"

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 08:28:48 PST 2005

> fwiw, there had been a change in GENERIC since my build last
> week, so my custom kernel changed as follows
>
> 19c19
> < # $FreeBSD: src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC,v 1.432 2005/08/06 23:05:48 davidxu Exp
> $
> ---
> > # $FreeBSD: src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC,v 1.433 2005/10/27 17:34:35 jhb Exp $
> 83,84c83
> < # Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
> < device                isa
> ---
> > # Bus support.
> 170,172d168
> < # Floating point support - do not disable.
> < device                npx
> <
> 263,264d258
> < device                mem             # Memory and kernel memory devices
> < device                io              # I/O device

These entries were moved to the file DEFAULT, which is now
automaticaly included in any kernel that is built. This change to how
kernels are built was to prevent novices from shooting them selfs in
the foot when building a custom kernel.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.