MySQL Performance 6.0rc1

Chris chrcoluk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 02:40:00 PST 2005

Interesting thread I ran super-smack on my production server.

It is an amd64 but using i386 kernel 32bit binaries mysql is optimised
fairly well, mysql 4.0.x compiled with static but not optimised. in
make.conf -O2.  I am using libpthread I believe the new threading
library introduced to 5.x, os is Freebsd 5.4.

super-smack-1.2 # super-smack /usr/share/smacks/select-key.smack 10 10000
Query Barrel Report for client smacker1
connect: max=45ms  min=0ms avg= 31ms from 10 clients
Query_type      num_queries     max_time        min_time        q_per_s
select_index    200000  0       0       29222.26

so I had a high average ms but my queries per second is impressive
seeing as what has been posted, also bear in mind this box is under
load since it is a production web server, I have a high cache hit
efficiency like I said I optimised it.  It is probable the default's
are just more suited for linux but I think once tweaked it works just
as well on bsd.

Chris