Unkillable process under SCHED_ULE and [FULL_]PREEMPTION

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Fri May 27 04:17:31 PDT 2005

Dear folks,

When I have upgraded several ports installed on my system using package,
I have finally hit a bug which causes my firefox to stuck in "STOP"
state, with 2 threads.  When I attempt to attach gdb on the process, my
laptop reboots instantly.  Moreover, it is impossible to kill the
firefox-bin process even with kill -9.  When I go to single user mode
with "kill -15 1", init will finally give me an "ps auxl advised"
advise, with firefox-bin remaining.

Is there anything I can provide to track down the issue, or is there
some tricks that I can work on this issue by myself?

The system is running fresh 6-CURRENT before
<200505270607.j4R67LHU054037 at repoman.freebsd.org> commit.  My kernel is
built with SCHED_ULE with FULL_PREEMPTION, PREEMPTION, WITESS,
INVARIANTS, kdb, ddb built in, minus some hardware drivers that I don't
use.  More information available upon request.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>  http://www.delphij.net/