ad and da do not set interface type in devstat entry [Was: acd lacks devstat]

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Thu May 26 05:12:19 PDT 2005

On a devstat+disks related note:
I see that (scsi) cd device driver pre-creates devstat entry before
calling geom disk_create() and sets device type to
DEVSTAT_TYPE_CDROM|DEVSTAT_TYPE_IF_SCSI, which is perfect IMHO. On the
other hand, da and ad drivers rely on disk_create() to create a devstat
entry and it is created with device type DEVSTAT_TYPE_DIRECT, which is
not incorrect but is not complete either:
iostat -d -t SCSI or iostat -d -t IDE
wouldn't show any ad or da devices, only cd.

Btw, I have file a PR for acd not having devstat support:

Andriy Gapon