fxp0: device timeout

Mark Huizer freebsd+current at dohd.org
Tue May 24 16:12:33 PDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 09:33:42PM +0000, Jeff wrote:

> > uname -a
> > FreeBSD  5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Sat Apr 23 19:52:42 UTC 2005
> > the kernel is the amd64 and I am running and amd64 processor
>
> I've also seen a couple (not many, but this is a low-traffic system
> anyway) lately, which is unusual.
>
> FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Sat Jan 29 00:29:15 CST 2005

What motherboards did you have in those machines? I have problemswith
all kinds of cards now, and this was a Chaintech 7aja2 motherbord. I
know put the disk and network card in a machine with asus MB and
everything works fine (now I only need to find a 266 asus mb to replace
the old one :-(
But perhaps the chipset is broken or the handling of the chipset in
-stable. Soon I hope to have replaced it, and then I might be able to
use it for testing

Mark
--
Nice testing in little China...