-current: unable to boot (bt_strategy X not multiple of block size)

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Fri May 20 13:40:40 PDT 2005

On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:46:34 -0700 (PDT), Doug White
<dwhite at gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2005, Conrad J. Sabatier wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the tip on how to break out of the loading of the new
> > loader. One of those tricks I had either never learned in the first
> > place, or had completely forgotten about. :-)
>
> BTW a fix has been committed, so things should be good again after
> your next update.

Thanks, that's good to know.  I'll try another upgrade tonight.

I'm still very frustrated, though, with the brokenness of my ata setup.
While everyone else seems to be reporting success, my HP DVD writer
still will not configure at boot time.  It was working fine up until
about 4/30/2005.

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"