Newest loader from CVS not working

Conrad J. Sabatier conrads at cox.net
Wed May 18 20:36:23 PDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 13:11:11 +0800, "Li-Lun Wang (Leland Wang)"
<llwang at infor.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded my pentium-m laptop from 5.4-STABLE to the newest
> 6.0-CURRENT. However, the newest loader does not seem to work for
> me. BTX reboots right after it detects the internal keyboard/console
> and dumps the registers. I have tried to set CPUTYPE?=p-m, CPUTYPE=p3,
> and even not setting CPUTYPE at all, but none of them solves my
> problem. The old loader from 5.4 works perfectly. Any ideas?

Yes, my new loader (built as part of a buildworld/buildkernel
Tuesday morning) complains about something or the other not being a
multiple of blocksize.  It then panics and only offers me the option to
reboot (effectively rendering the machine unbootable).

Luckily, I was able to boot from a 5.2 CD-ROM (the latest I had lying
around here), went into "fixit" mode, renamed loader to loader.new and
loader.old to loader, and the system came back up normally on the next
boot.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads at cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"