Outgoing speed problems in -CURRENT (was: Re: SOLVED: Degraded TCP

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Sat May 14 11:09:42 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 12:49 am, Andre Oppermann said:
> Mike Jakubik wrote:

>> I just tried your patch, but unfortunately it does not seem to affect
>> my problem, the speeds are identical. I am still getting half the
>> performance when sending out. The fact that this also occurs using
>> another machine and a different card, leads me to belive something is
>> broken in -CURRENT.
>
> net.inet.tcp.sendspace=65536  and try again.

Im sorry, i mean to say receiving, not sending. I did try adjusting this,
but it made no difference. Just to recap:

netio server running windows xp, connecting from fbsd:

TCP/IP connection established.
Packet size  1 KByte:   41103 KByte/s
Packet size  2 KByte:   39601 KByte/s
Packet size  4 KByte:   43463 KByte/s
Packet size  8 KByte:   43734 KByte/s
Packet size 16 KByte:   43719 KByte/s
Packet size 32 KByte:   43656 KByte/s

netio server running on fbsd, connecting from windows xp:

TCP/IP connection established.
Packet size  1 KByte:   19347 KByte/s
Packet size  2 KByte:   21056 KByte/s
Packet size  4 KByte:   22845 KByte/s
Packet size  8 KByte:   23445 KByte/s
Packet size 16 KByte:   25082 KByte/s
Packet size 32 KByte:   25294 KByte/s

So as we can see, i am getting nearly half the performance when sending to
the fbsd server. I get simillar results when substituting the windows
server with a fbsd 5.4 server, and using 100mbit cards on both.