[HEADSUP] Beware updating system (broken commit on 2005/05/13 16:27:30)

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Sat May 14 07:25:01 PDT 2005

Dear -CURRENT users,

I have made a mistake when modifying ttyname_r(3), which will cause remote
ssh and local logins to fail, because it can not obtain the name of current
TTY.  I believe that I have fixed the mistake with
src/lib/libc/gen/ttyname.c,v 1.19. For those already suffer from the change,
please apply the patch here:

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc/gen/ttyname.c.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.19

Or, on line 87 of src/lib/libc/gen/ttyname.c, if you got revision 1.18,
change:
	return (EINVAL);

With:
	return (0);

Then, rebuild/install libc.

Sorry for the breakage.
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.