IPFILTER Branch [was: Re: [current tinderbox] failure on powerpc/powerpc]

Peter Schultz pmes at bis.midco.net
Sat May 7 14:03:13 PDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 3:11 PM, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-05-07 21:53, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es>
> wrote:
>>> As far as a branch is concerned, please *NO*!  Anyone who wishes to
>>> maintain a separate IP Filter spinoff of CURRENT can do it using
>>> his own disk space and CVS repository (or Perforce branch, if you
>>> prefer).
>>>

>> But I think that this kind of pull-ups really needs of some HEAD-UPs
>> and the assistance of people more closer to current, before the
>> breakage.
>>

> That is not strictly necessary, as long as a full "make universe"
> is run
> before any widespread changes that may break one or more arches.
>

>> At last, I can't see this kind of matters in NetBSD, where the
>> pullups are done by 'NetBSD people'.
>>

> Darren is one of the "FreeBSD people".

You're right, Darren's work isn't insignificant.  I didn't intend to
discredit him, I was suggesting that the space for an IP Filter
tinderbox be created, or for people to stop complaining when he
breaks the build, because anyone running FreeBSD-CURRENT for a few
years already knows he will.  That is all.  :-)