boot banner project

Barney Wolff barney at databus.com
Thu May 5 08:39:31 PDT 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 07:27:25PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:

> OSX used csh by default until the 10.3 series release.  You can still
> (thankfully) select it.  IMHO, csh/tcsh is superior for interactive
> use, and bash/ksh is superior for scripting.  It's amazing what happens
> when you pick the right tool for the job; hammers are vastly superior
> at pounding nails, while screw drivers are vastly superior at turning
> screws.

In my aged and inflexible opinion, whatever shell one is used to is
the best tool, and attempts by all parties to assert the superiority
of their personal favorites are ridiculous.

Since /etc/passwd has included a line for toor for as long as I can
remember, I can use ksh and leave root's shell as whatever it is.
Then again, I still use vi, so what do I know?

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I never met a computer I didn't like.