boot banner project

SecNet d4rkstorm at gmail.com
Thu May 5 00:05:46 PDT 2005

Indeed ,
   Well theres a thought altogether, Knoppix / Whoppix-2.6 , I use
that with no problems, but , hey i am oing to sond stupid here, but
heck.. I am confused with Linux GUI, i find it messy, not that i am
totally satisfied with FreeBSD structuring of directorys either, but
there is less load and need for Gfx card on a techical view, and on a
personal view, Its free - so its the BEST!

On 5/5/05, Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko <Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 06:06 +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Thursday, 28. April 2005 04:57, Stephen McKay wrote:
> >
> > > Put me in the flashiness hating camp also.  I especially dislike the
> > > Linux 60Hz super-eye-destroying graphical boot, which I have to go to the
> > > trouble of defeating as it is the default.
> >
> > With CRTs on the retreat though, less and less people care about refresh
> > rates ... you'll probably join that camp at some point as well. :-)
> >
> Well, Knoppix's default resolution manages to blink on my laptop's
> LCD...
>
> Go figure.
>
> --
> Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)

On 5/5/05, Alexandre Sunny Kovalenko <Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 06:06 +0200, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > On Thursday, 28. April 2005 04:57, Stephen McKay wrote:
> >
> > > Put me in the flashiness hating camp also.  I especially dislike the
> > > Linux 60Hz super-eye-destroying graphical boot, which I have to go to the
> > > trouble of defeating as it is the default.
> >
> > With CRTs on the retreat though, less and less people care about refresh
> > rates ... you'll probably join that camp at some point as well. :-)
> >
> Well, Knoppix's default resolution manages to blink on my laptop's
> LCD...
>
> Go figure.
>
> --
> Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)

Security research (By Aussies, For Aussies).
(SEC-U-NET Labs AU) - Project AusHoney (Phase Beta) Co-Admin/Founder.