Interrupt storm

Dan Cojocar dan.cojocar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:30:21 PST 2005

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:14:12 -0500, Mike Tancsa <mike at sentex.net> wrote:
> At 02:11 PM 29/03/2005, Dan Cojocar wrote:

> > > If you disable USB in the BIOS, does it make the problem go away ? Or, if
> > > it is disabled, the dmesg seems to be showing that its still there.  Try
> > > defining the driver for the USB controller, with USB enabled in the BIOS.
> > >
> >   I have disables the USB from BIOS and i have the same storm.
>
> OK, but try with it enabled, and defining the USB drivers in the
> kernel.  The dmesg you posted seems to imply that its not really disabled.
>
> pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.0 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.1 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <serial bus, USB> at device 2.2 (no driver attached)
> pci0: <multimedia, audio> at device 6.0 (no driver attached)
>
> Same with the audio stuff.  If it cannot be disabled in the BIOS, add the
> drivers for it.

   I have enabled in BIOS and loaded audio driver and USB and i get
the following storm:
Interrupt storm detected on "irq11: pcm0 rl1+"; throttling interrupt source
Interrupt storm detected on "irq5: rl0"; throttling interrupt source

Here is the new dmesg:
http://cs.ubbcluj.ro/~dan/dmesg.new.txt

Thanks,

Dan