buildworld 17 Mar 2005 -CURRENT, top.local.h

jb000002 at mr-happy.com jb000002 at mr-happy.com
Sat Mar 19 08:20:01 PST 2005

I seem to get this error (or one very similar) about top.local.h every
second or third time I make buildworld.  This is from HEAD as of late
Thursday UTC.  It's also happened with 4-STABLE and 5-STABLE, including
release versions.  Architecture doesn't seem to matter--this was i386,
also had it on sparc64.  I can work around it by copying top.local.h
from /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/top to /usr/src/usr.bin/top and then
'make -DNO_CLEAN buildworld', but it's sort of annoying to have to go
through that.  I googled and searched the list archives and found
nothing.  Any help?  Need more info from me?

Jeff

[...]
===> usr.bin/top (all)
cc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe  -DHAVE_GETOPT -DHAVE_STRERROR -I/usr/src/usr.bin/top -I/usr/src/usr.bin/top/../../contrib/top -I. -DORDER  -c /usr/src/usr.bin/top/../../contrib/top/commands.c
make: don't know how to make /usr/src/usr.bin/top/top.local.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.