current repair?

Marcin Jessa lists at yazzy.org
Thu Mar 10 15:28:54 PST 2005

Hi Barney.

Download livecd - ftp://anoncvs.jp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES/live-current.iso
Mount your harddrives and copy over the bins/libs you need (chmod noschg may be needed)
You could also chroot to your mounted system and then update your sources and recompile the base/kernel.

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:40:13 -0500
Barney Wolff <barney at databus.com> wrote:

> Is there a suggested mechanism for repairing a very -current system
> that exhibits the "unable to log in via ssh or console" problem?
> Presumably I can boot it single-user, but then what?
> Thanks,
> Barney Wolff

Regards,
M. Jessa