HEADS UP: LC_CTYPE format changed

Tai-hwa Liang avatar at mmlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw
Thu Mar 3 07:10:00 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
[...]
> If not, make sure your /usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5/ is sane.
>
> MD5 (/usr/share/locale/zh_TW.Big5/LC_CTYPE) = 2f50c01305ee3c2315dd5392c1ab3d4d
>
> Also, could it be that you updated your world with -DNO_CLEAN buildworld?
> If yes, please follow the 20050227 src/UPDATING entry.

   Oops, it turned out that I rebuild clean world and perl on two *different*
hosts(the experiment was performed in a new world with old perl build, which
was installed in 5-CURRENT era and thus linked to libc.so.5).  Sorry for the
noise.

   Looks like libc.so.5 is also a major culprit. Perhaps we should document
this in src/UPDATING as well? Something like:

 	"A rebuild of individual ports which was linked to libc.so.5
 	is recommended."

--
Cheers,
Tai-hwa Liang