Panic on suspend

Ian Dowse iedowse at maths.tcd.ie
Tue Mar 1 23:24:00 GMT 2005

In message <200503011703.50828.jhb at FreeBSD.org>, John Baldwin writes:
>On Tuesday 01 March 2005 03:30 pm, Filippo Forti wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I got a fully reproduceable panic while trying to suspend (to S3) on my
>> laptop. FreeBSD is -CURRENT from Monday.
>>
>> I'm using a modified DSDT which used to work before I updated on Monday.
>> dmesg from after reboot is attacched.

Sorry, this my fault - I thought I was correctly mapping an 8k
region in vm86 space, but got it very wrong. I've set the save state
limit back to 4k now, which should fix the panic but will mean that
the new VESA save/restore feature will be disabled for now on systems
that require more than 4k of storage.

You can either update to version 1.49 of sys/i386/isa/vesa.c, or
else disable VESA support as a workaround.

Ian