FreeBSD 5.3 with Realtek 8139D

Jonathan poisondart at optonline.net
Tue Mar 1 01:08:46 GMT 2005

Dear FreeBSD Management,

I have been a freebsd user for a while however i am trying to instal l
BSD on a home system. Unfortunetely upon install, freebsd does nto
recognize my onboard network card and refuses to the ethernet up upon
network configuration. It seems there is no drivers for this card.

In network configuration there are options on the types of "ways to
connect". the one that says Ethernet has (Unknown driver deivce) next to
it. I am assuming this is a known issue and would like to know if you
had any clue as to install BSD 5.3 with RealTek 8139D NIC.

Ps. Remember this isnt 8139C its an onboard 8139D that comes with the
abit NF7-S Mobo.

Thanks in advance!
--
Regards,