fixing Vmware 2 port for 5.x and 6.x.. kmem _alloc_pageable

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Mar 1 08:54:34 GMT 2005

Well I have it compiling but when running
it fails with:

julian at jules:vmware
Setting TMPDIR=/var/tmp.
VMware Workstation PANIC: NOT_IMPLEMENTED F(566):1081
VMware Workstation PANIC: NOT_IMPLEMENTED F(566):1081
VVMware Workstation PANIC: NOT_IMPLEMENTED F(566):1296
AIO panic loop
Mware Workstation PANIC: AIO: NOT_IMPLEMENTED F(566):1081
julian at jules:

I am guessing that, since this DID work before
the new linux base libraries are expecting to use AIO
and maybe we don't support it?

does anyone have any ideas?
aio is loaded (well, FreeBSD aio)

hmm maybe I need to try it compiled in..