kgdb problem

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Thu Jul 28 21:22:40 GMT 2005

Hello!

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>> info.0 file says so, and 'file vmcore.0' says that it's an ELF file), but
>> 'core-file' command fails:
>
> Make sure you have an up-to-date world - the core format changed
> recently and you need a new world to read the new images.

   I just downloaded 6.0-BETA1-i386-disc1.iso from ftp.freebsd.org and
installed it. I didn't touch any files since that time. I assume that
all bits on that iso ARE up to date, aren't they? Actually I also saw
the same result under 7-CURRENT, so I just took iso image to make sure
that it isn't my fault...

P.S. The panic which I want to analyze is real. When I mount large (24G)
msdosfs partition with a lot of files and run 'du' against it, I'm getting
repeatable panic "wrong dirclust" (both HEAD and RELENG_6). Under 5.4-RELEASE
and the same partition all goes OK. I've tried both to do "panic" from the
kernel debugger and to turn off debugger_on_panic to skip debugger and just
save the core. Resulting cores are identical in sense that I can't analyze
them ;(

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator